PDA

View Full Version : Reform and the Hunters Grim.

The Happy Anarchist
03-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Quick question as far as how things work on this Warlock unit.

Can the unit activate, walk up, have Grim2 pop feat then have Muggs Shoot first, knocking a target down and have Grim cast Mortality/shoot himself?

Or have Grim shoot something, Muggs/Krump shoot something, then have Grim cast spells? I know warlocks can cast spells any time during their activation, and pop feats during their activation but am unsure as to the interaction of that with a warlock unit.

Celeb
03-21-2013, 01:53 AM
The first example would definately work, as he pops feat at the end of his movement.

Not sure about the second one, but I would say, it works.

FearLord
03-21-2013, 03:33 AM
I think the only things to keep in mind are:

- After a model runs or fails a charge, its personal activation is over even if the unit hasn't ended its activations yet.
- Feats and Spells can be used at any time, apart from when running (the warlock model only) during the activation.
- Anytime abilities cannot be used to interrupt a models movement or action
- Each model in the unit completes its move and its action before the next model starts

Therefore, a warlock in a unit should be able to cast spells or use its feat before or after any one model in the unit does its movement or its action, as long as he won't be running during that activation or after he has attempted and failed a charge.

Therefore, both the OP examples work.

DarkLegacy
03-21-2013, 05:59 AM
- Each model in the unit completes its move and its action before the next model starts

Only thing wrong is this: All models in a unit complete movement before moving onto any actions for the unit. You can still cast spells before another model in the unit moves due to how spells work, but all of the models must complete their movement before any actions are taken.

FearLord
03-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Only thing wrong is this: All models in a unit complete movement before moving onto any actions for the unit. You can still cast spells before another model in the unit moves due to how spells work, but all of the models must complete their movement before any actions are taken.

Sorry, I meant each model completes is [Movement or Action] before the next one starts is [movement or action]. It goes without saying that all models in a unit complete moving before any start doing actions.

DarkLegacy
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Sorry, I meant each model completes is [Movement or Action] before the next one starts is [movement or action]. It goes without saying that all models in a unit complete moving before any start doing actions.
No problem, just wanted to be clear. :)

FearLord
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
No problem, just wanted to be clear. :)

and rightly so - what I wrote was not at all as clear as I wanted it to be.