PDA

View Full Version : Passing through 2 Covering fires in 1 turn

Noddin_Dog
03-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Situation is

Stormwall puts down 2 covering fires.

my jack wishes to charge Stormwall, passing through both templates.

Do I take 1 or 2 damage rolls from the covering fire?

nitnit
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM
It'll take a damage roll from each template it enters.

NChomsky3d
03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I hope that isn't the case, with Conquest you can pass through all 4 templates and only take one POW6. I'm pretty sure that would be the case with two conquests too, but that may allow two hits total.

DarkLegacy
03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
I hope that isn't the case, with Conquest you can pass through all 4 templates and only take one POW6. I'm pretty sure that would be the case with two conquests too, but that may allow two hits total.
Conquest's Creeping Barrage has specific wording that prevents you from taking damage from multiple templates. (I don't have the exact wording with me).
You'd take a roll for each template.

solkan
03-21-2013, 12:58 PM
The Stormwall Covering Fire AOE's don't work the same as the Conquest's AOE's because the two rules says two different things.

The relevant sentence for Covering Fire:

A model entering or ending its activation in the AOE suffers a damage roll with POW equal to the POW of this weapon.
The relevant sentence for the Conquest's Creeping Barrage:

A model entering or ending its activation in one or more of the AOEs suffers an unboostable POW 6 blast damage roll.

The text highlighted in red is why you take damage once for the Conquest and take damage per AOE for the Stormwall.

As for questions involving multiple Conquests and multiple Creeping Barrages, see: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?114966-Creeping-Barrage-Stacking-and-Multiple-Conquests&p=1540031&viewfull=1#post1540031