PDA

View Full Version : Deathjack + curse of shadows + charge

LifeEater
03-21-2013, 11:35 AM
I stumbled across the following situation and would appreciate some help:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4234/69036012.png
Suppose model A has curse of shadows on it (allows my models to advance through it if they have enough movement).
In order to attack model C I charge model A with my Deathjack such that i end up in model A's back arc.
What gets me confused is the following:
I am aware of the fact that once a model is in melee range it has to stay within it.
Now the Deathjack has a 360 degree front arc but the way the melee range is depicted in the rule book suggests that the base itself is not part of a models melee range. On the other hand on page 10 in says that overlapping bases have a distance of 0".
My question therefore is: Is my intended charge legal in a situation where during the charge model A's base is completly covered by Deathjack's base?.

DarkLegacy
03-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Once a model is completely under your base, they are no longer in your melee range, preventing you from charging over the model.

Innominandum
03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
If you were to charge at an angle such that at no time did you completely occlude base of model A you could charge but what Dark Legacy said, you have to be able to see part of the base at all times.

LifeEater
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
@PG_DarkLegacy
After some additional research i found the following in the rulebook:
Page 26 says that while moving through a model you are in B2B contact.
So that and a 360 degree front arc should also mean that I have the enemy model in my melee range -> correct me if I'm wrong.

@Innominandum: LOS is only relevant for declaring the charge target or at least I can find no other reference to this in the rules.

Valander
03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Once a model is completely under your base, they are no longer in your melee range, preventing you from charging over the model.
This is correct, because a model's melee range is measured from the edge of its base outwards; your melee range does not include the area covered by your base.

I believe what Innominandum was referring to by "you have to be able to see part of the base at all times" is that it cannot be completely obscured by your own base while moving over it, for the reason pointed out above.

LifeEater
03-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Ok thanks for the clarification.

Valander
03-21-2013, 12:50 PM
Yup. For further reading and link where this was verified: #21 (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?101459-flight-360-LOS-charge&p=1374137&viewfull=1#post1374137)