PDA

View Full Version : How long does the pathfinder from Boundless charge last?

absent
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Boundless charge says " During this activation, target friendly model can charge without spending focus or being forced and gains +2 movement and pathfinder when it charges. Boundless charge lasts for one turn."

So is it gaining pathfinder for the duration the charge, the activation after the charge triggers the gain, or the turn per the last sentence?

Root question, does the "when it charges" mean "while it is charging this model has pathfinder" or "this model gains pathfinder after it declares a charge, and that duration is X", and if so which duration.

Thanks

TheUnknownMercenary
03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
It gains pathfinder for the charge

solkan
03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Partial answer here: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?1597-Boundless-Charge&p=21498&viewfull=1#post21498
but "gains +2 movement" and "gains pathfinder" both have the same timing.

As soon as the charge ends, it no longer has either part of the effect.

Edit: Ninja'd while digging for Infernal postings. :cool:

absent
03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
It gains pathfinder for the charge

That is really interesting because the text doesn't really indicate a duration, where does that come from? I think PP needs to use the words "when" and "gains" a little more carefully =P While is a lot more defined as a word.

solkan
03-21-2013, 06:28 PM
That is really interesting because the text doesn't really indicate a duration, where does that come from? I think PP needs to use the words "when" and "gains" a little more carefully =P While is a lot more defined as a word.

Two counter points:
1. That particular word choice is over four years old at this point, and probably dates back to the Mk I era.
2. Consistency is more important in Rules English than are the conventions of English spoken by normal people. :p