PDA

View Full Version : Point Level Exceeded ?..

toxicwisdom
03-22-2013, 06:54 AM
...is there a general protocol for what happens when a game is won, but with a list that is over the point limit ?

Valander
03-22-2013, 06:59 AM
The offending player should be enrolled in a remedial math course.;)

Typically, this would probably be a forfeit for the player who was over, but really need to check with the TO for final decision.

Wishing
03-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Yeah, this is one of those "the rules don't tell you what to do when you don't follow the rules" kind of situations.

In a casual game, you go "aw nuts" and play a rematch or something. In a tournament, Valander's suggestion that the victory is changed to a loss makes the most sense, but it's up to the TO on the day.

OxfordBoy
03-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Death by 1,000 paper cuts? Friendly game oh well. Tournament - instant loss. Lists are one of those things clearly lined out, and you not exactly under time pressure when making them unless you procrastinate until you get there. So to be over or have illegal units, etc. Is just unacceptable so it's a auto forfeit. In fact if they have any character they should offer up the forfeit rather than be forced.
People mess up rules all the time on both sides of the table. Measurements tend to suffer about a 1/16th to 1/8th inch fudge here and there. Lists should be spot on all the time unless they're like "Hi this is my first game!".

The only time I wouldn't care if it's a game system that works in the 1,000's of points and they are less than 5pts off give or take.

However with Warmachine 1 pt is an entire extra model. More than 1 point would just be absurd to be off by.

Baxx
03-22-2013, 07:54 AM
1 point could be 2 extra models, a unit of gobbers :D

toxicwisdom
03-22-2013, 08:07 AM
What makes this situation difficult when close to home (venue) is that it happened last night during a league game - against a friend, and equally competitive player... so the resolve was not that easy. The other player said it was an honest mistake, and I do believe that - making the list on the fly as it was... one too many Spell Martyrs apparently.

He did offer to concede the game, or asked for a fair rematch. Either one gained my attention, and there were pros & cons for each. But ultimately, I brought this up to the League Operator - and this was the resolve:

I get awarded the points for a Win and it counts as a game played. My friend neither gets the score for a loss, nor is the game credited as being played.

WintersChill
03-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Per the judge policy:

If a player is using models that are not on their army list, or has accidentally put down too many models in a unit which leads to them playing an illegal amount of points up, they are immediately given a game loss, and possibly an infraction or disqualification as decided by the judge or TO.