PDA

View Full Version : Blighted Nyss Swordsmen UA

Mishgun
03-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Granted Cleave and Tactics Overtake. Can my model move an extra inch after they kill something and then take another swing due to Cleave ? Or would it only move once, after both the inital and cleave attacks resolved ?

I want to say that I get to move twice (granted my models kills two enemys) but what do i know.

The Captain
03-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Granted Cleave and Tactics Overtake. Can my model move an extra inch after they kill something and then take another swing due to Cleave ? Or would it only move once, after both the inital and cleave attacks resolved ?

I want to say that I get to move twice (granted my models kills two enemys) but what do i know.
Both abilities trigger simultaneously when you destroy an enemy model and are resolved when the attack has been resolved. According to the timing appendix, abilities that do not produce attacks are resolved first, so when you destroy enemy model, you first move with Overtake, then take Cleave attack. If the Cleave attack destroys an enemy model, Overtake triggers again (because it's not limited to once per turn) and you get to move again, but you won't get another Cleave attack because it says you don't.

Mishgun
03-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Thank you, Captain, this will help alot. First game with swordsmen tomorrow

Uratoh
03-23-2013, 02:24 PM
+1 for right answer. Should be noted that after your overtake move but before your cleave attack, any of your opponent's abilities that triggered off the model's destruction will occur.

yshsalas
03-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Also remember that Overtake ONLY triggers on enemy warrior models, where as Cleave triggers on any enemy model.
If you kill a beast or jack, you get to swing again, but not move.