PDA

View Full Version : line of sight question

Ragnorok
03-22-2010, 06:59 AM
ooo
ooo
C

(the C is a large based model and the o's are a unit of small based :Reach: models.) my question is can the back rank of o's able to attack the large based model?

Weaselcreature
03-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Yes. for LOS you are looking at the base of of the target in relation to the base size of intervening models.

The "C" is a large base, and can be seen over the "o" models. Conversely: the C cannot see the back rank of o's, as the front rank is the same size as the back rank, thus blocking LOS.

Ragnorok
03-22-2010, 11:30 AM
ok thank you.

thegreatblah
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Yes. for LOS you are looking at the base of of the target in relation to the base size of intervening models.

The "C" is a large base, and can be seen over the "o" models. Conversely: the C cannot see the back rank of o's, as the front rank is the same size as the back rank, thus blocking LOS.

I thought MKII with their volumes allowed a larger based model to see over smaller based ones? I know your explanation was right in MKI, but the question came up today and I figured I'd come see.

TurboNitroMonkey
03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Volumes, if I'm not mistaken, only apply in regards to line of sight when it comes to interaction with terrain, not other models. This gives all base sizes a standard volume, regardless of sculpt.

Weaselcreature
03-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Monkey has it.
The volume thing has confused a lot of people, as it only applies to terrain.