PDA

View Full Version : Question about a weapons push abilty

guardian2800
03-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Does a weapon with a push ability use the rule of a Power Attack Push? ie. the Decimators Dozer with beat back which says "Immediately after a normal attack with this weapon is resolved during this models combat action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1".
Is the push resolved like the Push power attack were you have a str. roll off in this case I guess it would be the pow. of the weapon against the str. of the model being pushed?
This question has come up a few times at the place I play, to me it sounds like its an auto push because a Push power attack auto hits and you have a str. roll off to see if you push the target model back. But the Decimator has to hit with the weapon for Beat Back to trigger (and a Khador player knows that is no small feat with a rat of 4 :mad: ;).) If it is an auto push then I would guess that goes for any weapon ranged or melee with the push ability right?
Any help would be awesome, thank you.

mackman
03-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes, it's an auto push. Otherwise it would say "this model may immediately make a Push Power Attack against the model hit" or something like that.

Mod_Redphantasm
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
It is a simple push of however many stated inches. In order to be treated as a "push" power attack, it must state that specifically.