PDA

View Full Version : Throwing clarification

TorkaThor
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
A buddy and me are disputing a detail of throwing bsed on where in the double
Handed throw deviation rules fall in the section. If a model double hand throws a large base
Model and makes a successful hit roll against a small base throw target does the large base model fly over it? There's a spot that says it does but its right after the section describing what happens if you miss your intended throw target.

Weaselcreature
03-22-2010, 10:35 AM
If you hit your target, no matter the base size, you move the thrown model in a straight line until it contacts the targets base.

petegrrrr
03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Well, unless it contacts a base of equal or larger size first, which stops it's movement.

But yes, if you two handed throw and hit a model, as long as it can arrive there without hitting another base as mentioned above, you land right on it's base.

otaking
03-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Isn't a throw a throw? It goes over other models? I remember a huge discussion on these forums and Soles saying "why would I make two power attacks that do the exact same thing?" (re: slamming and throwing)

Weaselcreature
03-23-2010, 06:46 AM
The OP was talking about a 2-handed throw, which has a specific target.

A Throw will travel over small based models, not contacting them (unless it lands on them or is the target of a 2-handed throw (which was the OPs example)). A Slam goes through small-based models.