PDA

View Full Version : Assault Ranged Attacks

Bewie
03-22-2010, 10:31 AM
I tried searching but did not find anything that answered my question.
Which is if 2 models Assault the same target and the target model is destroyed before the second model shoots, can the second model pick a new target for his ranged attack?

I know that Assault says if you are not in melee range of the target you still get to make the shot at the charge target, but I can not find anything that says that you can still make a shot if your target has be destroyed.

Thanks

Zembar
03-22-2010, 10:49 AM
No, assault states "...this model can make one ranged attacked targeting the model charged..."

So the ranged attack has to be at the charge target, if its no longer there due to it dying(or any other reason), then you don't get to change your charge target.

But remember if its a successful charge (ended movement within melee range of your target, before it died of course) then you may make your initial melee attacks against another model(s) in range but the first one does not get the boosted damage.

Bewie
03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
No, assault states "...this model can make one ranged attacked targeting the model charged..."

So the ranged attack has to be at the charge target, if its no longer there due to it dying(or any other reason), then you don't get to change your charge target.

But remember if its a successful charge (ended movement within melee range of your target, before it died of course) then you may make your initial melee attacks against another model(s) in range but the first one does not get the boosted damage.

I do understand that the melee attacks can switch targets if the original charge target has been removed by the time making the melee attack comes around. That is on pg. 47 of Prime MKII. I just wanted to be clear about the ranged attack from the assault.

Valander
03-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Zembar was being complete in his answer. Assault does specify the ranged attack is made against the model charged, which means if it's gone there is no legal target for the ranged attack, so it doesn't happen.

Miguel
03-22-2010, 01:16 PM
another question.....

what happend if i assault a unit, and i kill the model charged with the shoot, can i "move more" to attack other models?

luxionmk2
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Nope.

You finish your move first, see if your charge was successful, then you make your ranged attack. Per the normal rules, since your charge target is no longer there when you're making your melee attack, you can attack someone else in melee range (w/o the charge bonus).