PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Sands question

Alex C
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm a new player and came across something that didn't quite sit right with me today, so please humor me.

Allegient of the Order of the Fist in Shifting Sands stance, I shoot at him 4 times with my Cyclone. He gets to move after each shot?

Seemed that way from the card, just seems like an awfully good way to bullet across the board, especially considering the high defense of the Allegient.

Hjelmen0
03-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes. Each time the Allegiant is missed by a ranged attack, he can move. If you read the Shifting Sands Stance rule, you'll see that the rule doesn't say that it expires after the first move, so it will apply for the entire round that it is in effect.

Welcome to Warmachine!

Mod_Redphantasm
03-22-2010, 12:10 PM
In the future, please quote the wording on all relevent abilities.

Shifting Sands Stance - During its activation, this model can forfeit its movement or action to gain +2 DEF. If an enemy attack misses this model anytime except while it is advancing, after the attack is resolved it can immediately make a full advance.Shifting Sands Stance lasts for one round.

There is no wording in the ability that stipulates that it only works once. As long as you continue to shoot at and miss the Allegiant, he continues to advance. So yes, it does work as you both played it.

Alex C
03-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the replies :)