PDA

View Full Version : Electroleap, Shield Guard, and Defensive Formation

Dan from Chicago
03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Scenario:
There's two Temple Flameguard in Base to Base and Shield Wall

A Stormguard marches up and kills one of them, I'm assuming that the electroleap damage resolves after the first model is dead and therefore Shield wall no longer applies ... correct?

Bladestorm
03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Page 65 says attacks which generate multiple attack or damage rolls do so simultaneously.

So I believe the shield wall bonus is still in effect against the second damage roll.

Professor Lust
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Page 65 says attacks which generate multiple attack or damage rolls do so simultaneously.

So I believe the shield wall bonus is still in effect against the second damage roll.

However, e-leap reads differently.

Electro Leap - When a model is hit with this weapon, you can have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4˝ of the model hit, ignoring the attacking model. The model the lightning arcs to suffers an unboostable POW 10 electrical damage roll ICON.

While my order of operations-fu is only moderately strong: I am pretty sure that you can resolve the regular hit first before resolving the e-leap damage roll.

snowydude
03-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Electro Leap - When a model is hit with this weapon, you can have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4˝ of the model hit, ignoring the attacking model. The model the lightning arcs to suffers an unboostable POW 10 electrical damage roll ICON.

bolded the important part there. when a model is hit that means you can only Eleap after you have rolled your to hit but before you roll the damage.

so no they still get shield wall on the Eleap and your attack even if you kill one with the Eleap.

Dan from Chicago
03-24-2010, 11:02 AM
ah so ... thanks