PDA

View Full Version : Enliven+2h Throw

Jewfro
03-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Okay, so if I have a vassal put Enliven on a jack, and my opponent comes up and throws it, does it get to stand-up and/or move after being thrown?

Gourge
03-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Knocked down models cannot move, they can be pushed/pulled but not by a slam.

majortusk
03-23-2010, 06:22 AM
I believe if you have something in your army that prevents Knock Downs, such as the Covenant. It would allow the jack that was being tossed to use enliven.

majortusk
03-23-2010, 06:28 AM
X action - for one round, friendly Faction models cannot be knocked down or made stationary while in this models command range.

So if the model being tossed was in The Covenants command range, since the model would not be knocked down, and its not its normal activation, I would assume that Enliven can activate.

Mod_Redphantasm
03-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Take the covenant out of this for a moment, that's tactical discussion not relevent to the question.

Enliven states that when hit, you get to move after the attack is resolved. But, the resolution of a 2H throw leaves the model hit knocked down. Knocked down models cannot move until they sacrifice their movement or action to stand up (or shake off). Since all of these effects can only be used on your turn, enliven would activate, but there is no way you can move since the model is knocked down.

Oniwasabi
03-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Take the covenant out of this for a moment, that's tactical discussion not relevent to the question.

Enliven states that when hit, you get to move after the attack is resolved. But, the resolution of a 2H throw leaves the model hit knocked down. Knocked down models cannot move until they sacrifice their movement or action to stand up (or shake off). Since all of these effects can only be used on your turn, enliven would activate, but there is no way you can move since the model is knocked down.

More specifically Enliven doesn't trigger until the warjack suffers damage, so at the point where it could attempt to Enliven it is DEFINITELY knocked down by a throw, double handed throw, slam, headbutt, etc etc...

(assuming it can be knocked down at the time)

bloodstrike
03-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Correct, if the warjack with Enliven on it is knocked down due to the attack, it just sits there.

This is of course why a lot of Menoth players start their list with two vassals and the Covenant, so that no matter what you do they get their enliven moves (unless you take out their support first or somehow wreck a warjack in one hit).

Minion1981
03-25-2010, 11:43 PM
I use the covenant alot and was just wondering about the throw. what would happen if my covenant was 9 inches away from my jack being thrown and my jack is thrown out of my covenants command range? When does knockdown apply, do i still get the bonus. Just thought about that after reading all this post. :)

Kolja
03-26-2010, 01:24 AM
The knockdown occurs at the point where the thrown model lands. If that point is outside the covenant's command range, the thrown model is knocked down.

petegrrrr
03-26-2010, 04:12 AM
The funny part is, if he want to avoid enliven and knock your jack down, he can just throw a large base at it.

even if you are not knocked down (say by the covenenat), collateral damage does not allow any damage effects to trigger.

Just a fun fact.