PDA

View Full Version : Scattershot (*Attack)

Hasten
03-23-2010, 10:20 AM
I had a question regarding Jonne's (of the Herne & Jonne dynamic duo) Scattershot special attack:

Scattershot (*Attack) - To make a Scatter Shot special attack, this model must be B2B with Herne. Make a normal attack with this weapon. After determining point of impact for that attack, roll deviation for two additional 3" AOEs centered on that point. Models in an AOE are hit and suffer a POW 7 blast damage roll.

I can't tell whether a model that is overlapped by multiple AOEs takes a POW 7 hit from each AOE (so up to three blast damage rolls), or if the three taken together generate one blast damage roll. The specific instance I'm considering is Durgen Madhammer and his Blast Armor -- would hitting him with three Scattershot AOEs give him up to three Focus?

Bonus points for answering the same question for Durgen's similarly-worded Carpet Bomb special attack:

Carpet Bomb (*Attack) - After determining the point of impact, roll deviation for two additional 4" AOEs from that point. A model hit by one of the additional AOEs suffers a POW 7 blast damage roll.

How many damage rolls would a model overlapped by all three AOEs take?

-H

The Anders
03-23-2010, 10:45 AM
"additional" there you have it :) one roll pr aoe.

Mod_Redphantasm
03-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Each AOE is it's own. Each has it's own point of impact and causes it's own blast damage roll.

grand exemplar scott
03-23-2010, 11:08 AM
What is wierd is that in the rulebook that weapon is not listed as having an AOE, but says place two additional blasts. Did they fix this on the card to clarify that this is an AOE weapon when making scattershot or is this a typo to begin with that the weapon has no AOE normally?

Hasten
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
What is wierd is that in the rulebook that weapon is not listed as having an AOE, but says place two additional blasts. Did they fix this on the card to clarify that this is an AOE weapon when making scattershot or is this a typo to begin with that the weapon has no AOE normally?

I've read here on the boards in other topics that it's a typo and the gun should be AOE 3 normally. It's supported by the special attack, actually, since that mentions placing "additional 3" AOEs". That threw me for a loop as well for a while, though *grins*.

And thanks for the quick replies. I'm slightly taken aback at the answer, because it seems like an extremely potent combo. Turns out Durgen Madhammer plays nice with friends: Herne, Jonne, Reinholdt, Dougal, and Thor. I feel like half my list is solos or solo-like, but that synergy is too wicked to pass up. No complaints from me though, heheh.

Thanks again!

-H

Mod_Redphantasm
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Important to remember:

Blast Armor - When this model would suffer blast damage, it gains 1 focus point instead of suffering the damage. It cannot gain focus points beyond its FOCUS as a result of Blast Armor.

You have to miss Durgen with the AOEs you shoot at him, as direct hits are not blast damage.