PDA

View Full Version : Haley, Domination, and Free Strikes

Fronze
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
I was playing a 25 point game versus Cygnar, and my opponent was playing Epic Haley. I had a 'jack in melee with another, the Stormclad who had reach on my Crusader. Haley cast domination on my Crusader, who at that point was relatively undamaged, and tried to move him back towards my own forces. The question that arose, was that his Stormclad should get a free strike on my Crusader, because it was techinically leaving his melee reach. The question was, A) Can you free strike your own models? and B) Would the controlled 'jack be counted as one of his models, as he had control of it at the time.

Lazlo
03-23-2010, 05:48 PM
a) No, you cannot free strike your own models.

b) Yes, the dominated 'jack would count as one of his models during the Domination effect.

Nafael
03-23-2010, 05:51 PM
If the enemy controls it, then yes, it counts as an enemy model. Otherwise he could freestrike it and mess it up.

Yes, you can freestrike it.

Fronze
03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
If the enemy controls it, then yes, it counts as an enemy model. Otherwise he could freestrike it and mess it up.

Yes, you can freestrike it.

I know I could free strike it, I just needed to know if he could move his own models and free strike it, even though it was under his control.

TheUnknownMercenary
03-23-2010, 08:28 PM
No because you can only make free strikes when an enemy model leaves a model's melee range or line of sight. Under Domination, the warjack is consider friendly to your opponent and his models cannot make free strikes against it.

snowydude
03-23-2010, 10:02 PM
a cygnar player can't FS a model under the affects of domination.

the non cygnar player may make a FS against a model affected by domination (although i advise against it)

dicegod
03-23-2010, 10:18 PM
It counts as friendly to the Cygnaran player whilst dominated and because you cannot free strike a friendly model, the Stormclad cannot free strike your crusader.

DevonV
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
It's not permitted because otherwise players would just have it walk a millimeter in and out of melee range until it died. That and you can't free strike friendlies.

And I took a free strike on one of my 'jacks with a Devil Dog's chain net. :) "Sit down and get back on my side!"