PDA

View Full Version : Collosal Weapon Lock & Ranged Attacksa after Melee attacks

Shawn
05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey everyone,
I have a couple of question regarding weapon locks for collosals. If a collosal weapon locks a jack of any size or a collosall, can the colossal attack with its free arm? I know facing is important when acollosal attacks, and wondered if it was for weapon locks too. For example, the Judicator weapon locks a lancer, and the lancer is completely on one side, but still in the front arc. Also, can a colossal make ranged attacks after making melee attacks eithe at the target it ju s t attacked, or another outside of the melee? Thanks.

Shawn

SageofLodoss
05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Colossals do not inherently have virtuoso or any rule that lets them make ranged attacks and melee attacks in the same activation. They just have a rule letting them still be able to choose ranged attacks while they are engaged, and shoot at people other than they are engaged with. But you still choose, and abide by that choice, so no shooting after you've attacked someone in melee.

If a Colossal does a weapon lock with one arm, per normal rules it means it has made a power attack (which is a melee attack), and loses its initials, but can now buy additional melee attacks using focus. Colossals have a unique interaction, however, because their arms might reside in separate arcs. If the lancer in your scenario is completely on only one side of a colossal when the lock is made, the other arm would not be able to buy attacks against the lancer, because it could not target the lancer. There might be other models in the other arc that you could buy attacks against though, if that were the case. If you were to voluntarily let go next turn, spin your base so that both arcs can see the lancer, and do another arm/head lock power attack, you could then buy attacks with the other arm against the lancer.

If you manage to hold the lock and decide to keep it going on your next activation, you can make initial attacks with your other fist I believe.

vintersbastard
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone,
I have a couple of question regarding weapon locks for collosals. If a collosal weapon locks a jack of any size or a collosall, can the colossal attack with its free arm? I know facing is important when acollosal attacks, and wondered if it was for weapon locks too. For example, the Judicator weapon locks a lancer, and the lancer is completely on one side, but still in the front arc. If you make a weapon lock, you have to declare which weapon with the open fist advantage you're using for this power attack, and can't use that weapon as long as you're involved in the lock. If you want to attack the locked model with the other arm, it has to be in the other Field of Fire as well - so in regard to said Lancer, the answer would be no.

Also, can a colossal make ranged attacks after making melee attacks eithe at the target it ju s t attacked, or another outside of the melee?
In general, not within the same activation. Colossals are still bound by the general rules on combat action that force you to choose between initial ranged attacks, initial melee attacks or special attacks, and restrict you to either ranged or melee attacks during one combat action.

Shawn
05-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Thank you both.

Shawn