PDA

View Full Version : Temporal Barrier and Charge Orders

ChristopherY
05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
So I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else already, but I tried to search for the answer and my search fu sucks.

So here's the question: Haley 1 casts Temporal barrier but only catches part of the unit in her control area... can a charge order still be issued? Does it matter if it is the leader who is in/out of her control area? If a charge order can be given, do the models that are unable to charge still get to advance normally and attack?

Thanks!

TheUnknownMercenary
05-30-2013, 03:42 PM
The charge order may still be giving having the unit leader in the temporal barrier effect makes no difference. However every model in the must either run or charge. If a model effected by temporal barrier chooses to charge, it will not do anything. If the model chooses to run, since it cannot run because of the effect, instead it can make a full advance and then its activation ends. See RUN page 46. In either case the model cannot make any attacks.

Falkman
05-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes, a charge order can still be issued. Heck, a charge order can be issued when the entire unit is in the barrier. What happens is that models that cannot charge must run instead, and if they cannot run either they must make a full advance and then they are done.
Models that are unable to charge but still get a charge order can not walk and attack instead. They must still follow the order and the rules for what happens when you must charge/run but can't.

Edit: I'm drinking!

ChristopherY
05-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the quick responses!

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Temporal Barrier affects on individual model, not unit/model in area. So it does not affect for rest of unts at all. And as TUM says, effect that cannot charge/run does not prevent that units to recieve charge/run order. They actually can recieve order, they just can't execute that.

And remember that Temporal Barrier will search its target before your model is choose run or charge. Unit activates, then measure range for TB, after then unit commander can issue order. After then you can choose move order, which choose individual model to charge or run. So you will not suffer accidental 'do nothing' problem(when someone will do charge but cannot charge forfeit movement and action).