PDA

View Full Version : An update to some Colossal rule interactions?

Kurgash
05-31-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure if there has been a final consensus to a few of these issues so I'll raise them up again:

Colossals cannot be slammed, thrown, moved outside of their basic movements. So thus this would mean that certain abilities and effects would not work, say for instance if the Conquest rolled a critical hit on it's gun battery where instead of rolling damage normally, the target is thrown and suffers a damage roll equal to the pow of the weapon and any additional effects.

This would mean the shot has no effect whatsoever on a huge base model, correct? Rolling a critical hit means there is no damage roll.

Another question is about combo-smite. Say a model charges a huge based model and attempts to combo-smite. The said model would normally be slammed X inches then suffer a damage roll but as huge bases cannot be slammed, there would again be no damage roll. Am I missing anything here or I have it down?

solkan
05-31-2013, 11:10 PM
You need to stop living in the past. ;)

The change in the rules that you missed:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?144164-Critical-fail-Thrown-Slammed-vs-can-not-be&p=2072662&viewfull=1#post2072662

Answer is: The Massive rule prevents a model from being moved by Slams, Throws and Pushes. It does not prevent the effect itself or any damage resulting from it.

The next errata will reflect this change.

You should read the rest of the linked thread for the followups, since they cover other related details.

Kurgash
06-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Oh FINALLY there's an update to that thread. I thought it faded into obscurity after I checked on it every month.