PDA

View Full Version : elevated attacker - Huge base on a hill

drugfreeboy
06-02-2013, 08:30 AM
So at my LGS last night, we discovered that elevated attacker not only lets you ignore things outside of 1 inch, but lets the attacker ignore bases of equal or smaller size to him (the attacker) that are screening the target completely.

I saw a couple of old threads about this, but I'm surprised this hasn't been talked to death.

So I just wanted to confirm, collosals on a hill can ignore ALL intervening models while shooting something not on a hill?

vintersbastard
06-02-2013, 09:31 AM
You got that right. Pretty much the same reason why a Defender on a hill was so feared until huge bases came out.

baldrik78
06-03-2013, 05:01 AM
So a Stormwall on a hill can shoot my Irusk hiding behind his Conquest? That's just silly. How does that even remotely make sense?

rydiafan
06-03-2013, 07:31 AM
How does a Slaughterhouser hit a Galleon hard enough that it doesn't leave wreckage? Don't overthink gameplay with real-world logic.

drugfreeboy
06-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Yeah it seems overly powerful. I mean the arcing fire part is cool, but the part concerning things within an inch of the target should be removed or nerfed in my opinion. (and I'm the one running the stormwall the most in my meta, so I don't think I'm biased)