PDA

View Full Version : Grotesque spawn Incubi

mountainyeti
06-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Hello, ok here's my question. Lets say I have a unit of grotesques fly over an enemy unit during Kallus's feat turn and in his control area. Safely assuming that the grotesque is disabled by the inevitable free strike, where would the incubi appear?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Free strike occured when the model is just before leave the enemy's melee range. So if your model is catched by free strike, first pause move and perform free strike. If the model died then you can mark at that site. Else your model can continue move.

Mod_Neldar
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I think he's asking what happens when the grotesque is disabled while overlapping the base of another model.

TheUnknownMercenary
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Hello, ok here's my question. Lets say I have a unit of grotesques fly over an enemy unit during Kallus's feat turn and in his control area. Safely assuming that the grotesque is disabled by the inevitable free strike, where would the incubi appear?
In the case of Kallus' feat and incubus. Since the model is replaced by the incubus at when the grotesque is disabled, you use the rule of least disturbance. You only use when the incubus would need to be placed on top on another model. You move the other model with Least Disturbance and place the incubus.

TheUnknownMercenary
06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Free strike occured when the model is just before leave the enemy's melee range. So if your model is catched by free strike, first pause move and perform free strike. If the model died then you can mark at that site. Else your model can continue move.

This only works for the normal Host rule of the Incubus. Kallus' feat, which the OP asked about, works different than Host. See my post above.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
06-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Oops. Thanks for the correction, TUM!

drachenfels
06-08-2013, 04:58 PM
just nitpicking here... but shouldnt the incubi be moved by least disturbance instead of the other model? im thinking this could be exploited by taking intentional freestrikes and dieing to push an enemy heavy over to the side

TheUnknownMercenary
06-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Tactics are for another forum, besides that, Kallus' feat, flight and incubus worked as I have already stated.

mountainyeti
06-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Thank you very much for the answer. I should have worded it better but the free strike while over lapping is exactly what I was curious about. Thanks!