PDA

View Full Version : Triggering Overrun

VOSTOK
03-27-2010, 02:18 AM
First, the mentioned spell:

Overrun
When target model in this modelʼs battlegroup destroys one or more enemy models with an attack, immediately after the attack is
resolved one model in this modelʼs battlegroup that is in its control area can make a full advance, then Overrun expires. Overrun
can be cast only once per turn and lasts for one turn.

Does this trigger on the first attack in the models activation? Or can choose when do I trigger Overrun? For example: I use Thresher on my Harrower, then using soul tokens I buy some additional attacks. Can I choose to trigger overrun on one of these additional attacks, or does it have to be the the Thresher Special attack?

Bladestorm
03-27-2010, 02:29 AM
It will trigger the first time the model with it on destroys an enemy, at that point you can choose not to take the move but it will expire either way.

Or that's how it reads to me at least.

Shadow37
03-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Thresher attacks are simultaneous. You would resolve all the attacks from the Thresher attack first. If you destroyed one or more models after resolving all those attacks you can make a full advance with a model in its battle group.

If this spell works like Watcher then Overrun would only expire when you make a full advance with another model in your battle group. In this case you can choose from which attack you get your free advance from.

I assume since the developers used the word "can" that this is how is works.

Edit: Based on Bladestorm's response, the language of the rule can be interpreted either way.

Oniwasabi
03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Based on the ruling for Enliven and Hallowed Avenger the trigger here is when you destroy an enemy model (one or more) with an attack, at that point Overrun triggers and you choose if you want to move or not, and then it expires.

vintersbastard
03-27-2010, 04:28 PM
I'll give the same input as in the Hallowed Avenger thread:

Actually, Hallowed Avenger compares better to Admonition.

While Enliven only works on the next time a models suffers damage, those two spells do not have such a limitation.

As far as I know, Admonition expires after the granted move, so Hallowed Avenger should work the same way.
The same thing can be said about Overrun.

SpiderBite
03-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Can we get a purple on this?

poeticruse
03-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Necro thread locked without reading.

New question? New thread.