PDA

View Full Version : Command checks and CMD 12

Bob Marley
06-15-2013, 02:52 PM
I've been considering playing Vadimir the dark champion (eVlad) and something struck me.
Using his feat (+3 to all characteristics for a few models) or himself through his special rule Might of Kings, some models can get to Cmd 12.
It seems that there are no automatic failures regarding to command checks, so would these models automatically pass their command checks?
Since this includes all units within his command range, I'd like to make sure I didn't miss a clause somewhere.
Cheers

Michael
06-15-2013, 03:46 PM
You don't automatically pass your command checks; you're not fearless, you just have really high CMD.

Technically, you still have to roll for the command check. However, given that it's impossible to roll greater than a 12 on 2d6 and thus fail the command check, most sane players will probably consent to your skipping the roll.

Lachlan the Mad
06-15-2013, 05:34 PM
You don't automatically pass your command checks; you're not fearless, you just have really high CMD.

Technically, you still have to roll for the command check. However, given that it's impossible to roll greater than a 12 on 2d6 and thus fail the command check, most sane players will probably consent to your skipping the roll.

This. It's kind of like when you hit an ARM X one-wound model with a POW X+1 or greater attack. You still technically make the roll, but most people won't bother with making you unless there is a feat or something at stake.

DogFog
06-15-2013, 08:01 PM
And double 6s aren't an auto fail the way double 1s are for an attack roll, yes?

ShockwaveIIC
06-16-2013, 01:02 AM
And double 6s aren't an auto fail the way double 1s are for an attack roll, yes?

No, double 6's is not an auto fail.

BTW, it's not double 1's that auto fail, it's ALL 1's.

MagnusA
06-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Yes, what Shockwave said: 1x 1 is a fail. 2x 1 is a fail. 3x 1 is a fail. 29x 1 is a fail. And double 6's always hit.

Karl Eller
06-16-2013, 05:34 PM
And double 6's always hit.
As with automatic misses, it's ALL 6s that will automatically hit, not double 6s. See Warmachine Prime p51 (melee attacks), p57 (ranged attacks) and p77 (magic attacks).

Mastershake
06-16-2013, 05:59 PM
As with automatic misses, it's ALL 6s that will automatically hit, not double 6s. See Warmachine Prime p51 (melee attacks), p57 (ranged attacks) and p77 (magic attacks).

No, it's all 6's when there's at least two dice involved. You wont get more accurate against Kazazy Assassins just because Fiona feated.

Valander
06-16-2013, 06:17 PM
The rules for automatically hitting and missing melee/ranged/magic attacks do not apply to Command Checks.

Technically, you still have to roll, though if you have CMD 12 it is impossible to fail without additional modifiers.