PDA

View Full Version : Can you advance while maintaining base to base contact?

Apollo
06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Can you advance a model while maintaining base to base contact with another model?

Deflare
06-18-2013, 08:04 PM
What, like walking around its base while remaining touching it? Sure, why couldn't you? (Unless the rules say otherwise; effects that say 'must move toward this model' prevent this, I think, since once you're B2B, you can't decrease the distance to the target. I think.)

For something like models in Shield Wall or Defensive Line, you need to move one model of the unit, then move another one up to end in B2B, but there's no reason you can't do this barring not having enough movement for whatever reason.

solkan
06-18-2013, 09:27 PM
A model can only move in the straight line in the direction that it is facing; or change its facing. That means that it's impossible for it to advance while maintaining base contact moving around another model. You can reestablish base contact during movement, but you can't maintain it continuously.

The only way I can think of where you would maintain base contact while advancing would be to advance through another model, such as if one of the two models was Incorporeal or Ghostly or subject to one of those effects.

Mr. Golden Deal
06-18-2013, 09:52 PM
A model can only move in the straight line in the direction that it is facing; or change its facing. That means that it's impossible for it to advance while maintaining base contact moving around another model. You can reestablish base contact during movement, but you can't maintain it continuously.

The only way I can think of where you would maintain base contact while advancing would be to advance through another model, such as if one of the two models was Incorporeal or Ghostly or subject to one of those effects.
I think technically it's possible, assuming the model moves tangentially. Of course, measuring this movement out borders on the impossible.

Pinegulf
06-18-2013, 10:28 PM
No you cannot. Game allows advance only in strainght line, which disallows maintaining B2B contact. (I can provide the math if you like.)

bitmatic
06-18-2013, 11:51 PM
As others have said; No.

Unless.....

If you can move through other models, like models with incorporeal or acrobatics and the like, then you will maintain base contact for as long as the bases overlap.

Rand2810
06-19-2013, 08:40 AM
technically i think you can always advance on the tangent point and continually change the facing. it is not very practical thought

Valander
06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
No you cannot. Game allows advance only in strainght line, which disallows maintaining B2B contact. (I can provide the math if you like.)
This is correct.

On the possible side-question, no, you cannot move two models at the same time to maintain B2B contact. When moving models in a unit, you must complete the movement for one model before starting the movement for another; you do not move them simultaneously.