PDA

View Full Version : Domination, Advancing and Free Strikes

kialindo
06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Scenario:
I charge a non-character warjack with 4 infantry who end their activation in melee with the warjack. eHaley activates and sucessfully casts Domination on the Warjack who then advances out of melee to attack another target.

Question:
Do the infantry get Free Strikes? I could not find anything that when I take control of the warjack that my infantry do not get free strikes. My opponent said that because I control the Warjack that it is no longer an "enemy model" for the duration of domination. But I countered saying that Madelyn Corbeau's Seduction Ability specifically says that the model cannot be targeted by free strikes during the movement. Is there something in the rules about this?

Canadianized
06-19-2013, 11:05 AM
It doesn't take free strikes from your models for the reason your opponent stated.

Mr. Golden Deal
06-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Scenario:
I charge a non-character warjack with 4 infantry who end their activation in melee with the warjack. eHaley activates and sucessfully casts Domination on the Warjack who then advances out of melee to attack another target.

Question:
Do the infantry get Free Strikes? I could not find anything that when I take control of the warjack that my infantry do not get free strikes. My opponent said that because I control the Warjack that it is no longer an "enemy model" for the duration of domination. But I countered saying that Madelyn Corbeau's Seduction Ability specifically says that the model cannot be targeted by free strikes during the movement. Is there something in the rules about this?

"If you take control of one of your opponent's models or units, it is friendly for as long as it is under your control." (General Guidelines, Game Terms)

Abilities like Seduction specify not allowing free strikes for your opponent, so he can't kill his own model to prevent from attacking other stuff.