PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Foundry Reconstruction - return small bases to multiple units?

Ruan
06-19-2013, 08:18 PM
The rule:

Reconstruction (* action): Remove one soul token from this model to return one destroyed medium-based friendly Faction Clockwork Vessel Grunt to play or remove up to three soul tokens from this model to return one destroyed small-based friendly Faction Clockwork Vessel Grunt to play per token removed. Each Grunt must be placed within 1" of this model, in formation, and within 3" of another model in its unit.

Say I have a unit of Obstructors and a unit of Reductors. The Enigma Foundry has 3 souls, and is in position to replace models in formation of either unit.

Can the Enigma Foundry, when Reconstructing small bases, return models to separate units in the same action?

For instance, in the above case, I Reconstruct two Obstructors and a Reductor with the same Reconstruct action.

Looking at the rule above, I am seeing no reason why this should not work, but I wanted to double-check and get other's opinions.

Edwars
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
The quoted text does not limit returned models to a single unit.

Based on this, and provided that models can be placed in formation with their respective units, then YES you can return models to multiple units.

Alviaran
06-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Correct. Look at the Necrosurgeon unit for an example that works on only a single unit, where is specifically mentions adding grunts to a Mechanithrall unit in range. Since that ability calls it out as going into a unit while this one does not, it would seem logical to assume you can add them back to whatever units so long as you satisfy all the placement restrictions (within 1" of the Foundry, in formation and within 3" of another model in its unit).

Norphinkr21
07-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Could it bring back UAs?

DogFog
07-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Could it bring back UAs?

The ability specifies Grunt, so no.

Norphinkr21
07-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Oh, duh. Missed it, thanks.