PDA

View Full Version : Feralgheist question.

The_Wretch
06-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Example: I charge a warbeast with three Gatorman Posse members. Feralgeist is in range to do his thing. Two gatormen successfully kill the beast however. If Feralgeist takes over the beast, does the third posse member have to make his charge attack still?

Stevo
06-20-2013, 10:45 PM
If the target of his charge is within his melee range, he's required to make his attack. He wouldn't be required to make his second initial attack, however, only the Charge Attack.

The_Wretch
06-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Okay, so the feralgeist-possessed warbeast would still count as the target of the charge even though it died already. Note to self: only charge a target i want to possess with enough to comfortably kill it or another beast.

Thanks!

Lachlan the Mad
06-21-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm just going to spell "Feralgeist" correctly for the benefit of search results.

Stevo
06-21-2013, 03:12 AM
Okay, so the feralgheist-possessed warbeast would still count as the target of the charge even though it died already. Note to self: only charge a target i want to possess with enough to comfortably kill it or another beast.

Thanks!

The issue here is that the Feralgeist possesses the warbeast in the middle of the unit's combat action. If the third Gatorman made a successful charge (i.e. ended its movement in melee range of the target of its charge), it has to make its attack. The Feralgeist doesn't change the warbeast into a different model, like an Ancestral Guardian being turned into a Kovaas, so it's still in play. It never leaves the table at all in the situation you've described.

The_Wretch
06-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm just going to spell "Feralgeist" correctly for the benefit of search results.

Dagnabit, I thought I was spelling it wrong.

Thanks a bunch everyone.