PDA

View Full Version : LOS and spray templates

Mr-Furious
06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Let's say I've got a defiler and I'm about to spray on a model 2" inside a forest. If there is a model directly behind that model 4" in the forest will it be hit by the spray template or does the spray template stop hitting targets farther than 3" inside the forest?

Falkman
06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
The spray template stops if a terrain piece blocks its LOS. In this case, 3 or more inches of forest does block LOS so spray templates only goes up to 3" into a forest and then stops.

xenwall
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
The spray template stops if a terrain piece blocks its LOS. In this case, 3 or more inches of forest does block LOS so spray templates only goes up to 3" into a forest and then stops.

I don't have my Prime with me, but is that a rule of the template or the model firing the spray? That is, would a model with hunter or some other means of ignoring forests/clouds/mystic voodoo that blocks LoS be able to spray into the forest/through a building? Oh! Phantom Hunter, that lets things shoot without LoS.

Falkman
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
It's a rule for firing spray weapons, but if the model has LOS or can ignore it then they can fire the spray further than 3". So if a model has Hunter and a spray weapon then forests will not block the spray regardless of how deep they are, for example.

Valander
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
This is correct.