PDA

View Full Version : Baldur, Elemental Mastery and Rule Priority

Kallas
06-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Just had a strange thought and wanted to be certain; Baldur can heal Construct warbeasts in his battlegroup because of the first clause of Rule Priority, right?

Otherwise, Elemental Mastery stating that he can heal would be overridden by Rule Priority stating it cannot.

Figured I'd double check...

- If one rule states it's interaction with another rule, follow it.

- Special rules stating that something "cannot" happen override rules stating that the same thing "can" or "must" occur.

This model is not a living model, never flees, and automatically passes command checks. Warbeasts with the construct advantage never make threshold checks and cannot be healed.

Warbeasts in this model's battlegroup with Construct beginning their activations in this model's control area can charge and make power attacks without being forced. This model can heal friendly warbeasts in it's battlegroup that have Construct.

solkan
06-22-2013, 09:41 AM
The statement

This model can heal friendly warbeasts in it's battlegroup that have Construct.
is one of the examples of one rule specifying its interaction with another rule.

'It specifically says so, calling out by name the rule that would otherwise prohibit the interaction' trumps 'cannot'. ;)

Kallas
06-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Thought so. I was uncertain about my reading comprehension, thanks :)