PDA

View Full Version : Renewing effects.

Crate123
06-22-2013, 02:07 PM
So we know that when you apply an effect to a model and that model already has that effect, the new effect is not applied and thus the duration is not extended.

"If a model would be affected by a second instance of an effect, the second instance is not and does not change anything about the first instance, including its expiration. If the effect has a duration, this means it expires when the first applied effect expires.
Multiple instances of the same effect are not cumulative even when the effect comes from different sources."
Page 29 of Prime.

I activate my Stormwall, do its business and then I activate Gorman who throws Black Oil at it. Now it suffers from Blind for 1 round.
This means that the Stormwall suffers -4MAT, -4DEF and cant make ranged attacks for one round but since it has already activated, everything but the -4DEF doesnt actually do anything (and lets be fair, -4DEF means nothing here either) and the Stormwall is effectively immune to Black Oil from my opponent which again means it is fully operational in my next turn.

This goes for Disruption on jacks as well.

Really ?

Falkman
06-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Seems correct.

Valander
06-26-2013, 09:23 AM
As written, that's correct. Play as written.