PDA

View Full Version : Godhead and Shieldwall

11on1d6
06-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I did a search and came up blank, I just wanted to check an interaction.

When Harbinger has her feat up, Godhead Enemy models that end their movement in Harbingers control area and closer to her suffer an unboostable pow 14 damage roll.

If a unit uses the Shieldwall order what happens?

Scenario 1) The first model to move will take the pow 14 on its base arm value. If it survives the rest of the unit can advance into base to base with it and receive the arm bonus before Godhead strikes them.

Scenario 2) All the models suffer pow 14 on their base arm because they go through a period of advancing without being in base to base with other models ( seems unlikely since the damage is dealt at the end of movement).

Any and all input is appreciated.

Chouraku
06-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Scenario 1, as per the Activation timing outlined page 244 of prime mkII:
- One model in the unit moves.
- Resolve effects that happen at the end of normal movement (Godhead damages the model here).
- Repeat for each model in the unit.
Shield Wall applies at any and all times that the model is in base to base with another model from that unit, so if it is in base to base at the start of the second step it will have the shield wall bonus for Godheads damage.

So if that first model survives, the rest can move into position to get the shieldwall bonus for Godhead, but it itself won't receive the bonus (Unless the first model happens to move such that it still ends movement in base to base with another model)

11on1d6
06-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the clarification. It would amuse me to see a daisy chain of Shield Walled troops moving up