PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Stormsmith question??

JackBauerGod
06-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Hey guys, im a very experience cygnar player and i was playing a game yesterday where i had a stormsmith make a single strike from behind a wood. The other player was like you cant do that you need LoS. I was like no i dont it just says range 10 target model (something along those lines, dont have the card infront of me) but he was like you need LoS. So i didnt do it and then this got me wondering if i have been playing this all wrong for many years. If i have played it wrong then i feel a bit of a fool maybe a cheat doing that to my fellow gamers for years and i will apologise to them. But could someone just clear it up for my own peace of mind.

Crate123
06-25-2013, 12:24 AM
You didnt need LoS in MKI but you do in MKII because it says you need to Target a model. So yes you have been playing it wrong.

JackBauerGod
06-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Damn, my bad. I will play correct from now on.

theMADhatter
06-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Yes, if a spell/ability says 'target', you need line of sight.

When I first started playing Cygnar I made the same mistakes.

somersa91
06-25-2013, 04:50 AM
Yes, the stormsmiths stormcall abilities are weird, including surge and triangulation.

In order to do the single target check, you need LOS to the target model.

In order to do surge, you do not need LOS to the second stormcaller, but you do need LOS to the two models you are targeting with the attack, drawn from the caller initiating the attack.

In order to do a triangulation, you do not need LOS to the other two stormcallers, but you do need LOS to the three models you are targeting, drawn from the caller initiating the attack.