PDA

View Full Version : eDenegra feat and WGI bob and weave

WankeKong
07-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Scenario: eDenegra feats and catches roughly half a winter guard infantry unit that has the unit attachment.

Questions:

1) Can the Bob and Weave order still be given?
2) Does the order only affect those models that can move that were not caught in the feat?
3) Do you have to be able to move to still get the +2 defense from the order?

Thanks.

Netherby
07-07-2013, 08:13 PM
1) Nothing in the feat prevents units from receiving orders, so yes.

2) The order effects all models of the unit which are in formation.

3) Changing facing which is allowed by the feat actually counts as "advancing" under the movement rules, so they should still get the +2 def.

As an aside, Bob & Weave order doesn't actually say they have to move, it says models make a full advance AND gain +2 Def. So the def bonus is in addition to being able to make a full advance.

Falkman
07-07-2013, 11:23 PM
As an aside, Bob & Weave order doesn't actually say they have to move, it says models make a full advance AND gain +2 Def. So the def bonus is in addition to being able to make a full advance.
That's exactly what it says. It says that affected models have to make a full advance and gain +2 DEF. Now a full advance could be you advancing 0", but you have to advance. You can't Bob & weave and then forfeit your movement for example.

WankeKong
07-08-2013, 07:59 AM
That's exactly what it says. It says that affected models have to make a full advance and gain +2 DEF. Now a full advance could be you advancing 0", but you have to advance. You can't Bob & weave and then forfeit your movement for example.

See that last part is what has me confused. Since you claim you can't bob and weave then forfeit movement, the feat doesn't allow you to move so that's where the confusion goes. I know you can advance 0 but the feat doesn't allow you to advance at all, so I assume you couldn't advance 0 if you aren't allowed to move.

vizune
07-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Her feat still allows you to change facing.

Changing facing is a considered an advance. This means that you can't change facing when forfeiting movement. (Also makes you subject to counter-charge/slams)

Falkman
07-08-2013, 08:13 AM
but the feat doesn't allow you to advance at all
Yes it does. The feat says that "when it advances it cannot move except to change facing" (my emphasis). That right there clearly says that the model can advance, it just cannot move during that advance. Advancing 0" is enough to fulfill Bob & weave (a full advance can be 0", and/or include a facing change).

The important part about Bob & weave is that you still have to make at least a 0" advance if you received the order, so Bob & weave precludes aiming or other movement forfeitures, and it also triggers counter-charge/slam or other abilities that trigger on ending movement.

WankeKong
07-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Ah alright that makes sense. Thanks for that clarification, didn't notice that when I read your first response.