PDA

View Full Version : Minion warlocks and minion beasts in other Armies

Bruticus89
07-10-2013, 09:04 AM
So Ive scoured the threads and have found some pretty old articles, but no one seems to agree upon an answer to my question.

I have my brand new, glorious minion lock: Lord Carver, His info says he is a minion that will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne and trolls blood. Why does it say that? Does that mean I can include him in a trolls blood army (Have him lead a battlegroup with farrow warbeasts, troll troops, solos, etc.)?

Minion troops and solos have the same Minion rule, and they can be included in other armies. So on that note, can warlocks also be added to other armies too?

I know the ruling for sure is that Minion warbeasts can ONLY be fielded by a minion warlock. So I wasnt sure if that would contradict being included in an army other than minions.

Some People also keep saying that, only multi-castor games support a minion lock as a second warlock choice. If thats true, what are the constraints in my battlegroup for a 100pt multi caster encounter? Lets say Im running a trollblood force with Borka and carver. Is my minion half of that list restricted to just a farrow battlegroup as per the pacts, and theme armies rules, or can I mix and match troops and beasts and solos of the Trollsbloods portions with my carver battlegroup, and vice versa?

Any info helps, thanks in advance guys. My first post! :D

SageofLodoss
07-10-2013, 09:21 AM
You need to be running a 2+ warlock game to use the minion warlocks alongside a main faction.

During such games, the main faction warlock would run beasts from the main faction while the minion warlock would run his minion beasts.

In your example, Borka would need to run Troll warbeasts and Carver would need to run Farrow Warbeasts.

Grey Templar
07-10-2013, 09:31 AM
You can also run the lesser warlocks in a single caster game.

So Rorsh and Brine and Wrongeye and Snapjaw, plus additional minion warbeasts purchased for them, can be run in games under 100 points.

As Sage said, you can only run the full on minion Warlocks with another faction if its a multi-caster game. Otherwise you are stuck with Minions.

Bruticus89
07-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Cool, thanks guys!