PDA

View Full Version : Measuring Control Area

Lord_Daurantes
07-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi all.

A dilema has come up when playing a game against my dad when coming to measuring control area.

The players at my LGS, have told me that you can measure Control Area at anytime and it doesnt matter what reason.

Then my dad read the rules on it and it says you can only measure the Control Area when casting a spell, using an effect or to your own troops and only to the start of their bases.

Now the players at my LGS have done it completely different in which they measure it out to the max distance and use it as a way of pre measuring distances.

Im confused right now on how it works and would like the input of more experienced players and maybe an official ruling on how it supposed to work.

Thanks all.

jettzypher
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't know where he's reading, but War Room says "You can measure the control area of your models at any time for any reason."

Netherby
07-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Dunno where he read that rule, because you can measure your control area at any time, to any point on the table, for any reason you want.

Perhaps he got confused with Command Range? Which is totally different to Control Area..

Stormpuppy_Infantry
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Command range only measured when you use for Commander ability, or measure distance between Unit Commander and the other unit member in unit activation.

But for Control Area, yes, you can measure that anytime but while moving. You can measure that as you want. You can also measure exact range to your caster/lock, as long as that is in your Control Area.

And you can measure your model's melee range anytime. I don't know exactly that we can measure our models's melee range while moving, but I know that we can.

TheUnknownMercenary
07-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Prime pg 75 and Primal pg 77 under Measuring Control Areas is what you are looking for.

Lord_Daurantes
07-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Where does it say that you can measure control ranges at any time?

I just read the rule and it stays any "point" within the control range, meaning a model can be that "point" so you can use it as a way of pre measuring distances.

I guess my dad was too concerned about the measuring distance to really look at the control area rule.

Thanks all.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
07-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Double-post. :(

Stormpuppy_Infantry
07-10-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't have book right now but, it is in control area description. Somewhere in page that TUM says. I remember that there is:

You can measure the control area of your models at any time for any reason. Specifically, you can measure the distance from a model to any point within its control area at any time.

Any point can be a plain area, or the place of your model, or the enemy's model, as you want.

Lord_Daurantes
07-10-2013, 07:34 PM
I don't have book right now but, it is in control area description. Somewhere in page that TUM says. I remember that there is:

Any point can be a plain area, or the place of your model, or the enemy's model, as you want.

I read that. So its all good. Thanks for the help my friends.

Next time i play him i shall point out those two lines to him so he can do it as well.