PDA

View Full Version : eStrykers feat and Combined Melee attacks

Lawnor
08-02-2013, 01:58 PM
If I have some models in range to use a combined melee attack during eStrykers feat turn can they do that? I just tried and my opponent said its not a normal attack, plus the war room description of combined melee starts with "During their unit's activation..." and the feat is techincally outside of their activation. I don't know if this prevents them from doing it or not as its not techincally their activation, or if this wording clash just wasn't considered. I've googled since and theres only one page mentioning this and its on DakkaDakka and the only response said it was 100% legal. Dunno what thats worth though. I missed the caster kill by 3 HP, and had 3 guys who could have assissted instead of wasting their attacks. I'd like to think he only won by arguing the rules wrong, but hes probably right.

Matthaeus
08-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't know if this prevents them from doing it or not as its not techincally their activation, or if this wording clash just wasn't considered.The rules mean exactly what they say. Combined Attacks, as per the phrase you mentioned, are restricted to a unit's activation.

TheUnknownMercenary
08-02-2013, 02:09 PM
During the unit's actrivation... That says it all. If it not during the unit's activation it cannot used Combined Melee attack.

Lawnor
08-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Another question came up during that game about his feat. It reads,
"After all friendly models have completed their activations this turn, friendly faction models/units currently in Stryker's control area can..."

The question was just when is "currently"? Currently when popping his feat, or curently when it comes to dealing with the effects? When dealing with the effects is preferable to me, but I read it as when the feat was activated. Thankfully my opponent read it differently to me. I read the feat when I activate it so currently feels like it applies then and the effects are in the future. However if you read it when delaing with the effects then its quite different.

sleet01
08-05-2013, 01:05 AM

The question was just when is "currently"?

"Currently" is the moment when you activate the feat. (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?160024-eStryker-feat-timing&p=2027474&viewfull=1#post2027474) It really should read "Friendly faction models/units currently in Stryker's control area are affected by Rolling Thunder. After all friendly models have completed their activations this turn, friendly faction models/units affected by Rolling Thunder can..." but it doesn't.

In the future, please restrict yourself to one question (or closely-related questions) at the beginning of the thread, and use the search function within the Rules forum before adding to existing questions.

SageofLodoss
08-05-2013, 01:07 AM
The "currently" means at the time the feat is declared. So it would be friendly faction units in his control area when you use Rolling Thunder, not any additional models that maybe he later got in his control area after he moved or was thrown or something.

People often refer to these kinds of feats as "pulse" effects, because even if their effects last a whole round or get resolved later, they only effect those that are in the stated area at the exact time it was used.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
08-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Another question came up during that game about his feat. It reads,
"After all friendly models have completed their activations this turn, friendly faction models/units currently in Stryker's control area can..."

The question was just when is "currently"? Currently when popping his feat, or curently when it comes to dealing with the effects? When dealing with the effects is preferable to me, but I read it as when the feat was activated. Thankfully my opponent read it differently to me. I read the feat when I activate it so currently feels like it applies then and the effects are in the future. However if you read it when delaing with the effects then its quite different.

If you have a question related previous old post, please just write new post and add a link. Infernals do not like to necro thread. :( And That question is does not related with this post too.

Your question is answered at tactical tip of Lord Commander Coleman Stryker in Force of Warmachine: Cygnar. When he use the feat, Friendly faction model currently inside his control area will be affected by feat, regardless he is move or not.

Lawnor
08-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the answers. Since I got war room my books have been shelved to gather dust. The tactical tips aren't included in war room and I forget that sometimes they include vital rules that are missing from war room.

Does it count as necro if I am responding to a thread at the first available opportunity? I have been at work since the last person replied.

I consider this question to be closely related given it came up at exactly the same time as the first question and is about the same feat. I didn't realise this would be a problem. Next time I'll ask all my questions up front, or start multiple threads. I don't like to clutter forums with multiple threads though. I should have tried google for my second answer first though.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
08-05-2013, 02:06 AM
...Sorry. I mistake to year is 2012. Sorry for all people that using rules forum, because of multiful mistakes recently. I have to wash my face to regain sanity. :(

And it seems that you have enough reason to ask in same question. Sorry for that, too.

Valander
08-05-2013, 06:35 AM
The follow up question is close enough to not really require a new thread. ;)

Answers are correct.