PDA

View Full Version : pKrueger feat question

dudumancer
08-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Is it possible for an enemy model to take damage from more than 1 feat AOE in one turn? Basically what I had in mind is setting up the feat AOEs so that an enemy can be automatically damaged with the first one, and then (potentially) tornadoed back into the other 2. I have illustrated what I had in mind with the green dot being Krueger, the red dot being an enemy, the black circles being the AOEs, and the blue arrow being optimal tornado path. Not everything is done to scale but the idea should come across clear.

http://i.imgur.com/ww2DONF.png

taffyjoe
08-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Krueger's feat states enemy models take damage when the feat is places, and when enemy models enter or ends its activation. So you maybe right in the situation you present.

I know if you druid bolt/push models into the feat template they take the damage, so throwing should work too. You may want to do a search of the rules forum. I don't think the FAQ has an explicit answer to your question but I'd check there too.

The question I have is why? Anything that survives the initial hit (which you can boost), and a boostable tornado isn't going to be bothered by two unboostable feat hits. You'd be completely wasting the strategic element or pure blasty death element of the feat for a gimmick.

fildrigar
08-02-2013, 08:20 PM
1 ) Easily answered by actually reading the rules:

...An enemy model entering or ending it's activation in one or more AOEs suffers an unboostable POW 10 damage roll.

2 ) All rules questions belong in the Rules Forum. (https://privateerpressforums.com/forumdisplay.php?39-WARMACHINE-amp-HORDES-Rules-Questions)

ShoX
08-03-2013, 02:26 AM
I think you got the "OR" wrong. The one or more part is only for ending activation.

fildrigar
08-03-2013, 06:12 AM
I think you got the "OR" wrong. The one or more part is only for ending activation.

Entering one or more AOEs
Ending it's activation in one or more AOEs

solkan
08-03-2013, 07:35 AM
I think part of the problem with this situation is that Storm Ravager causes damage on placement which ends up doing what some people hope "enters or ends activation" AOE's would do. :o

Place three 3" AOEs anywhere completely in Kruger's control area. Enemy models in one or more of the AOEs when they are placed suffer a boostable POW 10 electrical damage roll. During each of your maintenance phases, remove one AOE. An enemy model entering or ending its activation in one or more AOEs suffers an unboostable POW 10 electrical damage roll.

When the templates are placed, the red text will cause damage to the green model in the original poster's diagram. When the unspecified effect moves the figure through the other templates, the text in blue will cause damage again (but only once, if both templates are entered in the same move, because of the "one or more" language).

dudumancer
08-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I think part of the problem with this situation is that Storm Ravager causes damage on placement which ends up doing what some people hope "enters or ends activation" AOE's would do. :o

When the templates are placed, the red text will cause damage to the green model in the original poster's diagram. When the unspecified effect moves the figure through the other templates, the text in blue will cause damage again (but only once, if both templates are entered in the same move, because of the "one or more" language).

Thanks for actually answering my question instead of just reciting the rules that were confusing me!