PDA

View Full Version : Electro Leap vs. Self Sacrifice

Heimdall79
08-03-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm trying to figure out the damage resolution sequence for electro leap. If two models in a unit with self sacrifice are base to base and one of them gets hit with a weapon with electro leap which one does first and can self sacrifice save one of them?

Electro leap appears to activate on hit not damage therefore I think the one that isn't hit by the initial attack takes damage first. Also, since the damage isn't simultaneous I believe the one that got hit initially can be sacrificed to save second one.

solkan
08-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Self-sacrifice doesn't get triggered by damage caused by Electro-leap because Electro-leap is damage not attributed to an enemy attack.

Previous Electro-leap discussion which hinged on the same sort of distinction: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?171033-Sacrosanct-and-Electroleap

Edit: So, for clarity:

1. Model A hits Model B.
2. Electro-leap inflicts damage on Model C. If model C gets disabled, Self-sacrifice won't save it.
3. Finish resolving attack against B. If there's still a suitable friendly model available (if C survived, or there's another friendly unit member D), you can invoke Self-Sacrifice on B.

Heimdall79
08-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks, I missed that part of self sacrifice