PDA

View Full Version : Cover on a hill??

Meestho
08-03-2013, 01:33 PM
I haven't seen it specified in the rules but if a model is standing behind a wall on a hill, does he get the defense bonus for both pieces of terrain??

JN

Crate123
08-03-2013, 01:37 PM
He would but people generally dont mix terrain in this way for obvious reasons, although if you have access to the wall of stone spell its a way to do it. If you check tier lists you would see that terrain pieces you get from those cant be placed so they touch other terrain pieces.

Meestho
08-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes but I have some rocky hills actually that can give both just by being on certain spot of it, hence my question.

JN

Crate123
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Yes but I have some rocky hills actually that can give both just by being on certain spot of it, hence my question.

JN

Just be sure to agree with your opponent in advance on this but the 2 buffs do stack.

Netherby
08-03-2013, 03:40 PM
They do stack, however you should not have cover or forest on a hill, as terrain is not supposed to be placed within 3" of another piece of terrain. Normally you should only be able to get it through specific abilities and spells that allow you to create terrain.

Alviaran
08-03-2013, 06:19 PM
As I recall, specifically you can put a hill under something else though it is often something else. Hills are the only such terrain allowed to do this.

And the event can be created midgame with a number of models. Gorten, Gunnbjorn, Baldur, Janissa, etc. can all create walls mid game and there is no such restriction about where they go midgame in terms of other terrain.

Canadianized
08-03-2013, 07:15 PM
As I recall, specifically you can put a hill under something else though it is often something else. Hills are the only such terrain allowed to do this.

A hill is a terrain feature with a gentle rise or drop in elevation

All terrain pieces must be placed at least 3" away from other terrain pieces
No, the spacing rule isn't in Prime/Primal, but it is in Steamroller.

But, as previously said, there is plenty of terrain generation in game.

rydiafan
08-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Canadianized has the pertinent quotes.

Also, wreck markers exist, people. ;)

Anurien
08-04-2013, 07:45 AM
I haven't seen it specified in the rules but if a model is standing behind a wall on a hill, does he get the defense bonus for both pieces of terrain??

Simple Answer: Yes