PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt, How it works

_PG_Avanice
08-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Hey gang I am getting mixed signals of Kraye's Full Tilt and it's function in the game. according to the verbage I understand it doubles NORMAL MOVEMENT but disallows shooting. Will that mean that it Will or Will not influnce things like run and charge ranges?

My understanding is it did not.

vintersbastard
08-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey gang I am getting mixed signals of Kraye's Full Tilt and it's function in the game. according to the verbage I understand it doubles NORMAL MOVEMENT but disallows shooting. Will that mean that it Will or Will not influnce things like run and charge ranges?

My understanding is it did not.
Why wouldn't it? Normal movement is the movement you do during your movement phase, and can be a Full Advance, a Charge, or a Run (as well as being part of a slam or trample power attack). Cf. p. 46f of Prime.

Warcaster Feiss
08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Full Tilt doubles your base SPD.

If cast on a SPD 4 'jack, he becomes SPD 8, so will run 16" (8 x 2), or charge 11" (8 + 3). If cast on a SPD 5 'jack, he becomes SPD 10, so will run 20" (10 x 2), or charge 13" (10 + 3).

Deflare
08-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I think you're getting "normal movement" confused with "full advance". Normal movement does include charges and runs. Full advances (as in, for example, Makeda1's Savagery spell) do not apply to charges and runs.

Northern Ronin
08-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Full tilt doubles your Speed. Thus anything which would cause you to make a Full Advance (or anything that references your SPD) will be likewise increased. Things like "Advance up to 3" will not be affected.

_PG_Avanice
08-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Full tilt doubles your Speed. Thus anything which would cause you to make a Full Advance (or anything that references your SPD) will be likewise increased. Things like "Advance up to 3" will not be affected.

Really?! wow This is good news :P ... very good news indeed :p Thanks for the clarity everyone :)

Valander
08-05-2013, 11:39 AM
For reference:

The term normal movement refers to the movement a model makes during the movement portion of its activation.

As charges and runs are done during the movement portion of a model's activation, they are thus "normal movement."