PDA

View Full Version : Star attacks on warjacks

eddie
04-01-2010, 01:06 PM
does the star attack on the warjack (not the weapon) free to use? or does it need to be paid for with focus?

example- kodiak vent steam

brotherscott
04-01-2010, 01:08 PM
It is free to use (costs no focus), but it must be the initial attack. Non-melee * Attacks cannot be used on the charge unless otherwise specified in its special rules.

petegrrrr
04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Well...to be fair, special ATTACKS can be used on charged unless specifically stated (like on the castigator).

For example, Thresher has no rule that says "this can be used on a charge", it just can, because special attacks can.

Special ACTIONS cannot unless specifically stated (No example off the top of my head).

Just a minor mix up.

jonconcarne
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Well...to be fair, special ATTACKS can be used on charged unless specifically stated (like on the castigator).

For example, Thresher has no rule that says "this can be used on a charge", it just can, because special attacks can.

Special ACTIONS cannot unless specifically stated (No example off the top of my head).

Just a minor mix up.

I thought that the Special Attack could only be used on a charge if it (the *attack) was on a melee weapon rather than an ability of the model. Is that true?

Valander
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought that the Special Attack could only be used on a charge if it (the *attack) was on a melee weapon rather than an ability of the model. Is that true?

Yes, a Special Attack must be on a melee weapon (or otherwise specified as allowed) to be used on a charge.

petegrrrr
04-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, of course you cannot use a ranged weapon special attack on the charge. I thought that kind of went without saying, LOL.

Pink Foam!
04-01-2010, 02:47 PM
would the thresher attack gain a/an additional dice/ie if you charged with it then?

petegrrrr
04-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Only on your charge target. The other tagets hit recieve normal damage.

Kuarnix
04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, of course you cannot use a ranged weapon special attack on the charge. I thought that kind of went without saying, LOL.

There are examples of *attacks that are not associated with a weapon, they're just on the model. Vent Steam and Rain of Death are the most common, and while Rain of Death has a clause that allows it to be used after a charge, Vent Steam does not and may not be used.

Benjihuff
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Tremor is a weapon *Attack usable on the charge, would it get boosted damage against every model hit since it does not need to target a model?

I looked for answers to this but could not find anything, I am new to the game still and was told Tremor does not do damage once but can not find any reason why it should not. So let me know if it does not even do damage as well please, and why it would not.

Hjelmen0
04-03-2010, 12:03 AM
No, Tremor would not get any boosted damage rolls. This is because it does not have a target.

TheUnknownMercenary
04-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Tremor is a weapon *Attack usable on the charge, would it get boosted damage against every model hit since it does not need to target a model?

I looked for answers to this but could not find anything, I am new to the game still and was told Tremor does not do damage once but can not find any reason why it should not. So let me know if it does not even do damage as well please, and why it would not.

Tremor does not do damage, it just causes knockdown.

Malus Prime
04-03-2010, 11:47 AM

You'd think so... but it's surprising how many people I've played with recently couldn't understand why the Thunderhead couldn't Energy Pulse after a charge :rolleyes: