PDA

View Full Version : Head Swapping

griffclinton
08-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Is it ok to swap heads on warjacks? Like tournament wise... I know the majority of the model has to be original, but I just want to get some clarification.

vintersbastard
08-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Last word belongs to the TO, but head swaps should usually be fine, unless they give the model different weapons or make it unrecognizable.

griffclinton
08-15-2013, 09:14 AM
So if I wanted to give say a Deathjack or Malice head to like a Juggernaut that would be ok?

Falkman
08-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Many Cryx jacks actually have weapons on their heads, and in your example you would be removing the visual queue for the tusk weapon. That doesn't sound okay to me.

Strobe
08-15-2013, 08:29 PM
...clearly identifiable as the intended miniature and accurately represent its weapons and equipment as listed in its rules.

Weapons cannot be swapped on warjack and warbeast models.

Models/units with upgrade blisters are an exception to the standard model conversion rules in a number of ways. Because the parts in these blisters define an entirely separate set of stats and abilities, the upgrade parts must be clearly visible on the model/unit matching the upgrade stat card in order to be legal for tournament use.

These say to me yes you can swap Warjack heads unless the head has a weapon system (such as a Slayer) or if the head is part of an upgrade kit. This means you can't swap out the head of Malice as the head is part of the upgrade nor could you swap Deathjack as the head has a weapon system (Horns). You could swap the head of a Corruptor with another as it has no weapon system and itsn't part of an upgrade kit.

Your specific example of putting the head of Malice or Deathjack on to a Juggernaut is ok as there is no head weapon system you're replacing and it doesn't change any of the weapons of the 'jack nor does are the parts going on to a model with an upgrade kit.

Of course, any of this can be overruled by the tournament organiser.

I think Faulkman misunderstood your question to mean putting a Juggernaut head on to Malice or Deathjack rather than the other way round.

-Strobe