PDA

View Full Version : Basic LOS Question

hengist
04-02-2010, 01:18 PM
You have a medium based creature A with reach in BtB contact with a small based creature C. Directly behind the small based creature is another one B.

In other words ACB.........

The rule book states that you do not have LOS to B if it passes over a base which is the same size or larger than B. P43 point 3.

By the same token in reverse, it would seem that B has LOS to A as C's base is smaller than A's. This makes no sense that B can see A but A cannot see B. Am I missing something?

If A and B can see each other, I assume that A can reach over C and attack B. Is this correct?

If A has a weapon that attacks all within his LOS and range, does he attack B and C or only one?

eliassmith27
04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
A can see B because you drew line os sight from any part of your base to any part of their base.
If there were more then one small based models between, they could block line of sight from A to B but not B to A.

hengist
04-02-2010, 01:34 PM
So if there were two models at C, not one, there would be enough to block LOS from A to B. B however can still see A. Is this correct?

Makes no sense to me as LOS in every game I have played to date is reciprocal.

eliassmith27
04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes. it is correct.

It's just a difference in game mechanics. A small model that doesn't wont to be seen had a better chance of hiding behind another small model then a bigger model would.

hengist
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Sorry to pursue this further but am I correct in saying that if this were a ranged shooting attack and A was 5" from group C and they were 5" from B, that B could fire at A but not the other war around?

eliassmith27
04-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Sorry to pursue this further but am I correct in saying that if this were a ranged shooting attack and A was 5" from group C and they were 5" from B, that B could fire at A but not the other war around?

you are correct.