PDA

View Full Version : Sprint and bounding leap

AJSABalthazar
08-31-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi,

My question is about the ability of the Shadowhorn Satyr, bounding leap : "Once per activation, after making a full advance but before performing an action, this model can be forced to be placed completely within 5" of its current location. Any effect that prevents..."

If I put the animus Lightning strike on the Shadowhorn Satyr, if I kill an enemy model with a melee attack during its activation without using the bounding leap, can the full advance of the sprint trigger the bounding leap at the end of the activation ?

Thanks

Michael
08-31-2013, 05:57 AM
No. The very rule you quoted specifies that Bounding Leap can only occur after a full advance but before performing an action. If you don't use Bounding Leap at that time, you cannot use it at all.

AJSABalthazar
08-31-2013, 10:54 AM
If I understand your answer, you are saying no because the satyr has made actions before during its activation.

I think that "after making a full advance but before performing an action" was saying that it's impossible to make an action between the advance and the leap, because of the "but"

In the same order the wording of jump "Jump - After using its normal movement to make a full advance but before performing an action, you can place this model anywhere completely within 5˝ of its current location" - for Kromac in beast form, it's admitted that Kromac can cast spells, feat, take beastial form, advance and jump. Cast spells and feat are actions, no ?

The difference between the wording of bounding leap and jump is quite thin : in one case it has to be the normal movement (jump), in the other case it's not (bounding leap)

My doubt is about the full advance of sprint : it occurs at the end of the activation, so that could be the reason to not trigger the bounding leap, I ask for it.

Saraminss
08-31-2013, 11:01 AM
you couldn't use bounding leap after Sprint because it is the end of your activation... after you Sprint your activation has to end, because that is when Sprint triggers.

vintersbastard
08-31-2013, 01:22 PM
I think that "after making a full advance but before performing an action" was saying that it's impossible to make an action between the advance and the leap, because of the "but"

In the same order the wording of jump "Jump - After using its normal movement to make a full advance but before performing an action, you can place this model anywhere completely within 5˝ of its current location" - for Kromac in beast form, it's admitted that Kromac can cast spells, feat, take beastial form, advance and jump. Cast spells and feat are actions, no ?
You're misunderstanding the term "action" within the Hordes rules. It refers to a model's action phase, in which it will either make a combat action or a special action. Neither feating nor casting a spell (in case of a warlock) is an action.

Cf. Prime, pp. 48f for details (Primal should be a similar page).

AJSABalthazar
08-31-2013, 03:08 PM
ok,

thanks a lot