PDA

View Full Version : iron flesh

darek page
04-04-2010, 01:14 PM
an overlooked flaw in the spell iron flesh occoured to me recently when i released iron flesh not only gives you -1 spd but because of that you can't charge because of the penalty to your movement.
while i was aware of this basic rule it never actually occoured to me that a buff spell (especially the most common buff spell for khador) would hinder a model that badly giving models such penaltys that butcher himself would only have a threat range of 4" unless he planned to run into combat.

dispite what my basic assumption is, * have this tiny glimmer of hope that i've missed something and i'm hoping someone can point it out which allows iron fleshed models able to charge if even with some other form of spell like boundless charge or something or rather.

Angelus
04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately there's isn't anything that will let you charge when you take a SPD penalty. You'd have to let Iron Flesh fall off before you charged with the affected unit.

MoN4RcH
04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Can Iron Flesh or a similar type of spell be dropped at any time (ie: on the unit its cast on's activation) even if it has just been cast or upkept?

Not that it happens much but can Iron Flesh still be used offensively?

hooksy67
04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
let iron flesh fall away and charge all but a couple of them and leave those troopers back

then after you have charged have your caster put iron flesh on them again

that seems to work relly well

Bladestorm
04-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Can Iron Flesh or a similar type of spell be dropped at any time (ie: on the unit its cast on's activation) even if it has just been cast or upkept?

Not that it happens much but can Iron Flesh still be used offensively?

Upkeep spells only go away if:

You choose not to upkeep them.
The casting model dies.
Something removes it with a particular special rule.

The most obvious example of category three is getting shot by epic eiryss.

Devilsquid
04-04-2010, 02:38 PM
You can also remove it by casting it on another model/unit.

Bladestorm
04-04-2010, 02:39 PM
You can also remove it by casting it on another model/unit.

Woops, yes I forgot that one :).