PDA

View Full Version : Battle driven new round

sathoon
09-13-2013, 05:55 AM
Was playing an online game with a friend the other day and he threw this one across to me about the fact that it's true that battle driven lasts one round But because I'd gone first and he'd gone second when his turn ends it becomes a new round and thus Makeda 3 and her court wouldn't benefit from battle driven when it comes round to my turn. This threw me a bit and indeed RAW on battle driven could be interpreted in such a way.

Is this the case or does the effect last simply last for the same length of time as a round?

nonchalance
09-13-2013, 05:58 AM
Things that last one round last until the beginning of the next turn of the currently active player.
So if it triggers in player A's turn, it expires at the beginning of A's next turn.

Crate123
09-13-2013, 06:00 AM
It lasts for 1 round, which means it lasts your opponents turn and your turn (no matter who goes first and no matter which game round it is)and expires as soon as your opponents next turn starts.
Effects that last a round are not restricted to game-round1 or game-round2 or whatever as your opponent implies, it can start in round1 and end in round2 just fine.

solkan
09-13-2013, 06:38 AM
And, for reference, this is all on page 42 of Prime Mk II, the second paragraph of Game Round

For game effects, a round is measured from the current player's turn to the beginning of his next turn regardless of his location in the turn order.
and Battle Driven says "... for one round." not "... for this round" or something else to refer to the current game round.

I can only assume that the other player was confusing round with game round or various rules which specify "the Xth round" which refer to game rounds.

sathoon
09-13-2013, 06:45 AM
That's what I figured as the pathfinder and strength bonuses from the special rule would be very moot in most games. But that logic is rather ephemeral when trying to mount an argument that the ability wouldn't fade after player 2 had just recently procced it on their turn.

Thanks all.