PDA

View Full Version : Beguile + Sprint

DrFish
09-26-2013, 08:34 PM
I noticed something today with the Night Troll Animus that I was curious about:

Beguile - "This model gains Allure for one round. (Living enemy {models} that begin their activation within 5" of a model with Allure can advance only toward the nearest enemy model with Allure.)

So, lets say a Stalker is ported via stone within 2" of a Night Troll with Beguile up. At the same time, lets say the accompanying Warlock also has Beguile up, but is 10" away from the Stalker. The Stalker activates Lightning Strike and kills the Night Troll. Is it, then, only able to move toward the Warlock? Given the wording in the book, there seems to be no reason that once the Stalker activates and is affected by Allure from one model that it has to be in 5" of any other model with Allure for the advancing restriction, just that another model has to have the Beguile animus activated.

somersa91
09-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Noy sure exactly, but if that is en exact quote of the rule then that seems to be how it would work.

onlymeami
09-26-2013, 10:58 PM
From my understanding of what you wrote I think you are correct. The Stalker activated within 5" of a model with Allure so he's effected by it for the Round. So even if the original usage of Allure dies the stalker is still under Allure and the Warlock would be the closest model with Allure.

Thenmy
09-26-2013, 10:58 PM
I agree. The Stalker begins his activation within 5" of an enemy model with Allure. It is then subject to the rest of the effects, regardless of distance.

DrFish
09-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Seems interesting if corner case. Thanks!

solkan
09-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Actually, I think that may be backwards.

The precedent is that the duration of "... can advance only toward the nearest enemy model with Allure" is the duration of the generating effect. The precendent:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?118492-Temporal-barrier-and-pMags-feat&p=1630074&highlight=temporal+barrier#post1630074

But if the generating instance of the Allure expires, then the restriction is no longer present. And destroying the warbeast with Allure on it causes that effect to expire.

Edit: Or I may just be confused about effects on destroyed warbeasts expiring. :(
Edit: But I'm pretty sure that it resolves just like Gaze of Menoth vs. Sprint: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?155898-Avatar-and-Gaze&highlight=Gaze+of+Menoth

The fact that there's another model on the table with the same effect probably doesn't keep the effect in play.

DrFish
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I think the wording is sufficiently different to debate. There is no specification of "this model" like Gaze. With another model having Beguile up, there is also no break in the instructions of the animus.

onlymeami
09-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Beguile states that if the model activates with 5" of a model with beguile it is effected for one Round. So even if he dies the effect doesn't expire since there is another model with beguile on play.

Sheer_Falacy
09-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Actually, given the wording of it, it sounds like if your warlock doesn't have Allure up, the enemy can't advance at all after killing the Night Troll because they can only advance towards the nearest enemy model with Allure, which is none. Sure, the effect expires, but they already began their activations.

Valander
09-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Checking...

The Dentist
12-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Sorry for the threadromancy, but what was the resolution of this Valander?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
12-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Sorry for the threadromancy, but what was the resolution of this Valander?

Don't push them. I remember that checking means the subject is out of their hands(Ask the question at devs and just wait until answer was given). They will post when it is done.

Valander
12-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Note this is resolved with the December 2013 Errata:

Replace the second sentence of Beguile with the following:

Living enemy non-warcaster, non-warlock models that begin an advance within 5 ̋ of a model with Allure can advance only toward the nearest enemy model with Allure.