PDA

View Full Version : A few Tournament questions

jowisu
09-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Ok so it's been a while since I played warmachine, the local hobbyshop closing down and all. But now a new shop opened up and friends are asking me to play, so we did have an unofficial fun tournament and a few issues came up. Note that this may be the wrong forums to post in, so I apologize in advance if I did so.

What exactly happens when an illegal play occurs? What is the remedy? Example:

Menoth player does an illegal move that goes unnoticed until 2 rounds expire. What should they do? Should the Menoth player immediately concede?

Also until when exactly can you reverse your play error? Until your turn ends? Until your current phase ends? Within your unit's activation? The playgroup really needs concrete rules in which we can abide, and can no longer rely on "house rules".

We also have players who are really strict and competitive, who insist that no play errors should be corrected at all, like if you forget to allocate focus, or you forgot to activate a unit. thanks for reading!

DarkLegacy
09-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Here's a good place to start: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?177331-Official-PP-tournament-policies

jowisu
09-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks sir, appreciate it.