PDA

View Full Version : Typhon and gunfighter. Not the question you think.

Necra-Chi
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
There's a discussion about possibilities Typhon has that I didn't even realise till now. Just want to confirm that they are legal. My understanding (now) is that as long as Typhon doesn't mix his melee and ranged attacks for his initial attacks, he can keep making initial spray attacks even if the enemy models in melee range are removed as long as he isn't engaged by reach.

Questions.

1. Can Typhon charge, and choose to use gunfighter to make a ranged attack instead of a melee attack as the charge attack against his charge target (sacrificing the charge bonus)?

2. If Typhon in the course of making initial ranged attacks using gunfighter, finds no remaining models in melee range, and is no longer engaged, can he continue making intital ranged attacks against other targets?

3. If Typhon uses a melee attack as one of his initial attacks leading to the situation in question 2, does that change the answer to question 2?

Any help much appreciated.

alchahest
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Multiple Heads states that the initial attacks can be made with any combination of attacks, so, as long as each given attack fulfills it's own requirements (ie, if you want to use melee, you need to be within .5 inches) then whatever combination you like is feasible.

hausdorff space
04-06-2010, 03:22 PM
1. Can Typhon charge, and choose to use gunfighter to make a ranged attack instead of a melee attack as the charge attack against his charge target (sacrificing the charge bonus)?yes, as per the gunfighter rules.

2. If Typhon in the course of making initial ranged attacks using gunfighter, finds no remaining models in melee range, and is no longer engaged, can he continue making intital ranged attacks against other targets? Yes, while not stated explicitly I would consider (virtuoso) strongly implied in the rules for Multiple heads.

If this is meant to carry on from 1, where Typhon charged, then I also see no reason why you cannot make ranged attacks. As I read it, charging no longer uses your "Movement and Action" (as in MkI), but is a "movement" setting restrictions on your "Action". As you still get your combat action "Multiple Heads" comes into full effect. The only restriction is that while engaged you cannot make ranged attacks 'targeting' models outside of 0.5 inches.

3. If Typhon uses a melee attack as one of his initial attacks leading to the situation in question 2, does that change the answer to question 2? No, I don't see why it would.

Necra-Chi
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Thank you. That is amazing.