PDA

View Full Version : Interrupt movement for "Anytime during activation" abilities?

regleant
10-23-2013, 08:34 AM
As far as I am aware, a caster may advance then measure his control area then advance again. However, he cannot advance, cast a spell, then advance again. What about other "Any time during activation" abilities, such as pulling Focus from the Wracks? Can a caster advance closer to a Wrack, pull focus, then advance away?

This came up in a game last night and I'd like to know the right answer for next time.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-23-2013, 08:42 AM
...The resolution or opportunity for use does occur at any time during the model's activation - except when it or another model is resolving a movement, attack, or any other effect.

So no ability between movement, unless the model is perform ride by attack.

Valander
10-23-2013, 09:02 AM
So no ability between movement, unless the model is perform ride by attack.
This is correct, and :Buckler: cookie for rules quote.

Note, though, that it is permissible to measure Control Area while moving, or to check LOS. Neither of those are "abilities," and both include "at any time for any reason" in their measuring clauses. Likewise, you can measure a unit commander's Command (as specified in the rules) at any time during their activation, so you could also "interrupt" movement to check that.

regleant
10-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Awesome, thanks!

Stormpuppy_Infantry
10-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Did Control Area and Command Range are also measured while moving? Then I was wrong....