PDA

View Full Version : Thresher rules question

Aiurn
04-07-2010, 01:51 PM
a simple rule question that came up when we were playing with my khadoran friend lately.
He charged me with beast 09 and made a 2" thresher attack at the end of the charge. He claimed that all models hit by the thresher attack get boosted damage, and therefore i lost 3 light warjacks in 1 p+s 19 3 dice hit each of them got on the face. the rolls were extraordinary i must admit, but the question is, was that legal? i mean it would be great to do such things with amon on a synergy chain...

Bastion5
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
He couldnt have gotten boosted damage (unless he spent focus and boosted damage) the actual thresher attack does not constitute auto boosted damage, just a melee attack against everything in his melee range.

Yentz
04-07-2010, 01:57 PM
No. Only the first damage roll is boosted.

Bastion5
04-07-2010, 01:59 PM
ah, misread, yes the first damage roll is boosted, after that focus must be spent

Aiurn
04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
im just double checking, my friend insisted that the attacked models are hit in the exact same moment due to the way thresher works, and therefore all get boosts on dmg . thx for resolving this one

jandrese
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
No matter how many models you hit, a charge only boosts the first damage roll you make, and that has to be against your charge target. If your charge target is gone, then you don't get the boost at all.

Mod_Redphantasm
04-08-2010, 10:00 AM
im just double checking, my friend insisted that the attacked models are hit in the exact same moment due to the way thresher works, and therefore all get boosts on dmg . thx for resolving this one

Thresher attacks are resolves simultaniously, but only the first model hit (the charge target) gets the free boosted damage roll.

Once the boost from the charge is spent, focus must be paid to boost each individual damage roll.

Focus: Boost

This model can spend 1 focus point to boost any of its attack
rolls or damage rolls during its activation. Add an extra die
to the boosted roll. Boosting must be declared before rolling
any dice for the roll.

Each roll must be boosted. The old field test wording of thresher had specific wording to say that one focus boosted everything. That has since been removed, and threaher reads as thus:

Thresher (��Attack) - This model makes one melee attack with this weapon against each model in its LOS and this weaponʼs melee range.

You make attacks, there is no statement there about ignoring the rules for boosting.